I found the cutest BOO letter stickers at Target last week (only 99 cents). I decided I needed to make something with them. So, I ended up making two different banners.
Here’s what I started with for the banner above …
- White and Black card stock
- Halloween decorative scrapbook papers
- BOO! Letters (or your choice of letters) … Spooky, Happy Halloween
- Black cording (to string letters)
- Paper Cutter
- Circle Cutter
- Adhesive (tape or glue)
- Hole Punch
- Optional: Edge punch or scissors (scalloped, loops, your choice)
- Depending on your choice and size of lettering, cut circles from decorative scrapbook paper for the background “mattes” for letters. (I cut four 3 inch circles since I was using the BOO! letters from Target.)
- Cut black squares from card stock. (I cut four 3 1/2 inch black squares.)
- Cut white squares from card stock. (I cut four 5 inch squares based on pre-set dimensions needed for using a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Edge tool).
- Assemble the banner letters using adhesive tape or glue.
- Punch two holes at the top of each assembled letter.
- Thread the letters with black cord.
- Cut strips of coordinating ribbon and tie ribbon on the cording.
- Hang your banner
I made a variation of the banner, using only orange, white and black. I made round fans using crepe paper streamers.
I used similar materials and tools. I added orange and black crepe paper streamers as well as a needle and thread.
To make the fans, I used a needle and thread to gather the crepe paper and make a round fan.
I glued the crepe paper fan onto the decorative paper squares.
And I cut out 2 inch circles of white card stock for the background for the letters. I glued the letters onto the fans. I followed the rest of the steps (above) to complete the banner.