Can you believe that all the things in the picture above cost a $1 each? We’ll be in town this 4th of July, so we’ll be having our annual BBQ and Swim Party. I’m not sure how I’ll use all of the items from Target, but here are just a few ideas ….
The nylon pinwheels will be adorable marking the walkway to our front door. They would also be cute stuck in flower and herb pots in the backyard.
The red, white & blue tin pails would be adorable:
- holding utensils (forks, spoons & knives)
- as containers for potted plants, herbs or flowers
- as serving bowls for nuts, M&Ms (red, white & blue), pretzel rods and other goodies
- holding straws or napkins
- with votive candles
The galvanized tin buckets can be used in the same manner as the red, white and blue tins. However, I think I will use these all summer long. They would be adorable filled with some sand and votive candles — lighting the walkway at night.
The red, blue and silver beads can be used throughout the house and patio to add festive touches. Here are just a few specific ideas:
- As part of the centerpieces on the tables — draped on a table runner, wrapped around flower vases
- As fillers in apothecary jars
- In silver bowls — to add festive color
Now the floral and botanical plastic plates and serving pieces were not in the Dollar Bins (I wish!) They are the Home brand at Target, and were very reasonable. They remind me of the John Derian decoupage plates that I bought 15 or 20 years ago.
How fun to use them all summer long?!? I bought the appetizer plates and some serving pieces — very fun for a party or family gathering. I may end up going back and getting some dinner plates — mix and match.
This summer I’ll be sure to post some pictures of how I use these fun items.
Thinking of summer parties … FUN!