If you’ve visited here before, you may know that I love using apothecary jars in my home. It’s a great way to add seasonal or holiday touches. Or, to simply display collections of small items that you love.
This post is devoted to Valentine themed apothecary jars. There are all kinds of fillers you can use for Valentine’s Day …
- Candy – one of my favorites for Valentines! Any thing that’s a shade of red, pink and/or white will do. Or turquoise or lavender …
Hot Tamales, Licorice, Good & Plenty, Red Licorice, Butter Mints, Dutch Mints … You get the idea!
- Old Valentine Cards or Vintage Postcards – start saving your valentine cards each year and soon you’ll have enough for a display.
Years ago, I bought several vintage Valentine postcards at an antique flee market. One is postmarked from 1908. I always find a place to display them for Valentine’s Day.
- Sugar Cookies or other Valentine Treats
- Red and white ribbons
- Rose Petals — fresh (although you’ll need to replenish every few days) or artificial flower petals
- Christmas Ornaments — in red, silver or heart-shapes
Sources: Style Me Pretty, OurNiftyNotebook.blogspot.com, HouseofSmiths.blogspot.com, Anders Ruff Custom Designs, andBeeinourBonnet.com.